This Chocolate Cookie Recipe Will Flour You With Compliments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

Have you been looking for a new chocolate chip cookie recipe or just a new recipe to try in general? Then this is the recipe for you! These are brown butter chocolate chip cookies. Learning to brown butter can be intimidating at first, but once you do it and try these cookies, you can never go back. This might just be the best chocolate chip cookie I have ever made and I think you will agree after making them. The golden edges, the flaky salt on top and the soft gooey center surrounded by chocolate chips make my mouth water. Let’s dive right into what makes these delectable brown butter chocolate chip cookies!

Ingredients:

• 1 ¼  cup of butter 

• ¾ cup of granulated sugar 

• 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar 

• 2 large eggs 

• 1 teaspoon of vanilla 

• 2 ¾ cups of flour 

• ½ teaspoon of salt 

• 2 teaspoons of baking soda 

• 2 ½ cups of chocolate chips, any type you please

• Flaky salt for topping 

Instructions:

First things first, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, you will want to grease your baking sheets with cooking spray. Then, you are going to  brown your butter. There are a ton of videos of how to do this on YouTube if you need some guidance! Brown the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, until it turns a nice brown color. Remove from heat and pour into your mixing bowl. Then, cool the butter in the fridge until it reaches room temperature. Consistency wise, you will want your butter to be solid, or your cookies will fall flat. Once your butter is ready, cream it together with the brown and white sugars, eggs and vanilla until the mixture is fluffy and combined. Add in the flour, baking soda and salt until fully combined. Now stir in your chocolate chips. I always enjoy mixing semisweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips into this recipe. Shape your dough into round balls and bake for 8-10 minutes until the tops and edges are just golden. Pull those bad boys out of the oven, sprinkle with flaky salt, and get ready to taste heaven!

If there’s one thing people can agree on, freshly baked cookies right out of the oven make everything better. With their golden edges and a sprinkle of flaky salt, they will definitely bake your day even sweeter. These cookies will earn a spot in your recipe box. Whether you’re hosting a cozy get together or taking a day off, they will be the perfect addition to your plans!

Amira is currently a senior at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. She is always smiling with a kombucha in her hand & blasting her multiple Céline Dion CD's in her car because duh, the radio can't beat Céline Dion. On any given day she will gladly talk your ear off about Grey's Anatomy, stronger background checks for gun purchases and why immigrants are some of the most important members of our society.
Krit graduated with English and Chemistry degrees from UMKC. As the President and founder of UMKC’s chapter, she hopes HC UMKC will continue to create content that inspires students. Some of her favorite things include coffee and writing.