This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

As adults, there is a lot of pressure put on us to be productive during the day. This usually includes the idea that you have to be a morning person to be productive. There are trends on the internet that tell you how to train your body to wake up at extremely early times and encourage you to have a scheduled day in order to be productive. In my opinion, it is not necessary to be a morning person in order to be successful and productive.

Getting up early has always been a struggle for me. I have tried to schedule classes for as late as possible and prefer not to take meetings before 11 a.m. However, I do get a lot done at night after almost everyone else has gone to bed. This is when I do my homework and am able to catch up on things related to school and work. This has never been a problem for me and has worked out well for as long as I can remember. I think there is a lot of pressure put on us to get up at a certain time and make the most of the day. This pressure is unnecessary, and I think you can be just as successful and productive while getting up at whatever time you want. Getting up late and staying up late should not be linked to being lazy or unmotivated-it is just a different way of doing things.  

Hi everyone! I am a senior here at UK and am originally from Northern Kentucky. I am majoring in Political Science and Journalism and am the President of Feminist Alliance at UK. I am very passionate about politics and current events, and I hope to bring a non-partisan view to all the articles I write!
Her Campus UK Contributor Account.