Wellness

Tips for Having a Stress-Free Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

The beginning of the semester can always be overwhelming because there are new classes and professors, but with these tips, you’ll be able to navigate through the semester with ease. 

1. Buy a planner 

1. Planners are literally an essential if you are a college student. Personally, my whole life revolves around my planner. I use my planner to keep track of my assignments, events and goals. Using a planner helps you visualize what you have coming up and how you can create a plan to approach all your obligations without becoming overwhelmed. 

2. Create a routine 

1. Creating a consistent routine will allow you to become more discipline. Having a routine will allow you to create habits that will contribute to your success. 

3. Make a consistent sleep schedule

1. Going to sleep at a decent time every night can seem impossible because of all the assignments and commitments you have, but it is imperative to get a reasonable amount of sleep. Ideally, you should aim for seven to eight hours of sleep a night, but realistically speaking six hours will suffice. An easy way to make sure going to bed at a decent time is using the Bedtime feature on your iPhone to set a bedtime. 

4. Celebrate the small wins

1. It’s easy to get overwhelmed with everything going on, but sometimes you need to reflect on everything that you have accomplished thus far. Celebrating the small wins can keep you motivated and remind you 

Hi everyone! I'm Nia, a junior Communications major with a Journalism minor. I enjoy sports, skincare, and food. You will most likely see me working at one of the many sporting events at UK. I enjoy writing and I look forward to writing about a multitude of topics!