This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

“Once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat,” is the phrase I have heard throughout my time at the University of Kentucky, but I have never known it to be truer than it is right now during my senior year.

As the weeks keep passing throughout this semester, I cannot help but reflect on my time at UK and try to make as many memories as I can in these last months.

My senior year so far has been completely bittersweet. It is so exciting to think that I will soon embark on the crazy journey of actual adulthood, but it is also sad to think that I am doing everything for the last time in my college career.

Since my time in college is coming to an end soon, I am taking everything in, doing everything I can and appreciating every little thing about this university and city that I have called home for the last few years.

I want to go to all the sports games I can and scream the CATS cheer a thousand or more times! I will attend as many SAB events as I can and snag a ton of free T-shirts (even though I already have a hundred or more).

I will appreciate all the late night talks I have behind the front desk with all my fellow Resident Advisors. I will cherish the memories I make getting dinner in the dining halls with my friends and complaining about the crappy food.

I will treasure those last few days walking around UK’s campus as a student.

From time to time, I find myself with the biggest grin on my face when I think of all the fun memories I have made, all the wonderful friends I have met and all the great life lessons I have learned here. Even after I graduate, I know I can always come back to this place and it will still feel like home.

As I continue my senior year at UK, I know a part of this place will always be in my heart because, “Once a Wildcat, always a Wildcat!”

As junior at the University of Kentucky, I study Integrated Strategic Communication with a focus in Public Relations. I aspire to be a public relations professional for a healthcare facility that works to positively impact the lives of children, families and the community. My experience as a PR/Marketing intern at the UK International Center has helped me to gain valuable skills in creating promotional digital and print materials for an organization as well communicating to an organization's target audiences. My position as a Resident Advisor as also allowed me to grow my event planning, public communication and creative marketing skills. My top strengths include achiever, developer, futuristic, responsibility and learner.