This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

School is almost over and that means graduations are happening. Graduations are a huge cause for celebration. What better way to congratulate someone, than by getting them an amazing gift. Now saying you want to get them something and actually finding the right gift are two different things. I have compiled a list of gifts that any grad would really appreciate.

(Photo courtesy of holodsgiftsplus.com)

• Gift Cards

Gift Cards are a great gift. One to a restaurant or a VISA gift card can go a long way. When your friend is running low on funds, they can pull out their gift card and pay for dinner, or some other adult item they need (i.e gas).

(Photo courtesy of bagsoflove.com)

• Scrapbook

A book filled with pictures and little tokens from your friendship will be a huge hit. This gift will give them something they can look back at, and reminiscence those days from college. I know we have technology and social media, but being able to sit down and flip through pages of pictures is more personable.

(Photo courtesy of Amazon)

• Stuff Every Graduate Should Know: A Handbook by Alyssa Favreau

This handy book features tips on how to find an apartment, healthy living, coexisting with roommates and other helpful tips. This book may seem silly at first, but it can be a huge help. You can buy it at Urban Outfitters for $9.95.

(Photo courtesy of Kari Shea)

• Apartment decor/ Household items

After graduating, your friend may have a new apartment close to their job. They will need things for their apartment,such as decor and other appliances. An inspiring quote in a nice frame makes great wall art. You can also get them a waffle maker or a small blender, so they can actually start eating breakfast before work.

(Photo courtesy of notonthehighstreet.com)

• Scratch the World Map

This world map is covered in gold foil and can be scratched off to reveal a color after the person has visited the place. This is a great gift for a friend who wants to travel someday.

Whatever you buy the grad in your life, they will appreciate it. Graduations are such an important milestone, so help your loved ones celebrate it in style.

My name is Micah Hurt. I am a sophomore Equine major at the University of Kentucky. I am also a Resident Advisor (RA). I love to read, explore Lexington (or anywhere really), and listen to murder mystery podcast!