This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

We are just weeks away from finals here at the University of Kentucky. Right now, many of us are working to get started on group projects, write papers and study for any exams that may be creeping up in the near future. Finals week can be tough if you have a lot of exams, projects, papers, etc all due at the same time. Here is how I am getting ready for finals this semester. 

To start my day off, I am making a to-do list for every single day, where I can mark off items that have been completed and carry over items from the previous day that I may not have had time to get done. Making a list can help you visualize what you need to do every day. 

I am also working to fit in my self-care time to ensure that I am keeping myself as healthy as I can, I am making sure that I fit in time every day to watch a movie, read a book, do a face mask, or whatever I feel like doing that day in order to keep myself mentally strong and motivated to get these finals done. 

Lastly, I am making sure that I do not cram too much information. I use visuals to study; oftentimes, when I spend too much time with too much information, it can cause me information overload, and then I end up not remembering any of what I read. 

How do you get ready for your finals? Look over your plan on how you are going to give your finals your best to ensure that you are being proactive about the end of the semester! 

Community and Leadership Development Major & Political Science minor at the University of Kentucky.
Her Campus UK Contributor Account.