Kristen Bryant-Girl Lounging Relax Logo 1
Kristen Bryant / Her Campus

Five Things to do Over Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Spring Break is right around the corner and if you are anything like most college students, you probably don’t have much money to plan to go somewhere. That’s is okay! Here are five things you can do over Spring Break to have a fun time and be productive.

Get Caught Up on School Work

If you have found yourself procrastinating this semester or not having the best motivation, you probably still have some work piling up on your desk. Take the week to work on catching up on all of your classes and planning on getting ahead of everything. This will help you have less stress over the remainder of the semester and ace all of your classes.

Go Job Hunting

You aren’t at the beach for a reason, and it’s probably because you don’t have money to splurge on big trips. Use the break to go see who is hiring and find a job to help you get some extra cash in your pocket! Getting a job can help you save up for your future Spring Break getaway that you want to go on.

Get Caught Up on Rest

Sleep. I’m sure you have lacked this all semester. If you only do one thing over break, make it catching up on sleep! Try to go to bed at a normal time and sleep in so that you are fully rested when you get back to campus for classes.

Start Planning for Next Semester and Your Future

As we finish midterms, it is time to start meeting with your advisor and planning for next semester. Use the break to research what classes you need to complete and ones you want to take next semester. You can also spend the break looking for internships or jobs for after college.

Start a New Hobby

College is stressful and you probably haven’t had a lot of time to start a new hobby or learn something new and exciting. Utilize the break to start a new hobby or master a hobby that you have been struggling with! Learning something new will help the break pass by and be more enjoyable.

Doing small and fun things around town can help you enjoy your Spring Break and not get too much FOMO when your Instagram feed shows you beach pics. Most importantly, you will be able to rest and recharge from midterms and start getting ready for the last half of the semester!

Lucy is studying Communications and Creative Writing at the University of Kentucky. She loves to write, try new DIY's, and binge watch New Girl.