Best Shows To Binge Watch When It’s Too Cold To Go Outside

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

The temperature is dropping and before we know it, snow will begin to fall. Personally, I’m not a fan of the cold weather and once the temperature drops below 50º I’d rather not leave my dorm. My favorite thing to do on those days when it’s too cold to go outside is binge watch a new (or sometimes old) show. Here are some of my favorites. 

Private Practice

If you are a Grey’s Anatomy fan and haven’t watched Private Practice, you’re missing out. The show follows Addison Montgomery to Los Angeles after she left Seattle Grace Hospital (now known as Grey-Sloan Memorial). It also offers a whole lot of backstory to one of Grey’s Anatomy’s current main characters, Amelia Shepherd.

Friends

I thought everyone and their mother had seen all ten seasons of Friends at least twice by now but I’ve recently learned that a lot of people have actually never seen a single episode of what is arguably one of the best shows to ever be on television so if you’re one of those people do yourself a favor and start watching. 

Big Mouth 

Big Mouth is a cartoon all about middle schoolers going through puberty but it’s definitely not for kids. It shows best friends Nick and Andrew as they “go through changes” and the best part is, the show’s characters are based on the creators’ (Nick Kroll and Andrew Goldberg) actual upbringing in the suburbs of New York. 

Vanderpump Rules 

SUR is a restaurant and bar in West Hollywood owned by form Real Housewife of Beverly Hills, Lisa Vanderpump. Vanderpump Rules is a reality show following the staff of SUR and showing all of the drama that comes along with being struggling actors, singers, and models while working at one of the most popular restaurants in West Hollywood. 

Stay warm and happy binge watching!

Samantha is a junior studying Broadcast Journalism and Criminology at the University of Kentucky.