6 Insider Tips on Christmas Shopping

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Finally, Christmas is here and that means cramming for finals, stress eating and gift shopping. While everything is literally pilling up around you and you feel like shopping is the least of your priorities, I totally understand and I am here to say you are not alone! I have put together some insider tips on how to Christmas shop this season like a pro even if you are a busy gal!

1. Subscribe to Store Emails

• I can guarantee you I am signed up for probably 30 or more different stores to get their emails weekly. I know that it can get annoying and clutter up your inbox, but sometimes it is so worth it! You will get exclusive content with updates on sales coming up, fashion trends and in-store as well as online coupons to use! 

2. Shop the Clearance Rack

• It sounds awful, but sometimes things on sale are the best gifts! Instead of buying a new Christmas shirt they can only wear once, get them some shirts or décor they can use all year long! This stuff is usually on clearance if it is Christmas!

3. Sign Up for a Rewards Account

• This is extremely simple to do and requires little to no effort. All you have to do is go in your favorite stores to shop and ask about a rewards program. You just buy things and the points add up that you later use to save money! You might even get an instant 15 percent off for signing up!

4. Shop Television Networks

• Networks such as QVC, HSN, Evine and more, are perfect if you are low on money but still want to get a great gift. Most of their products are offered on easy payments, meaning you get the item now and your bill is split up into four to six months to pay on it.

5. Host a Late Christmas Party

• If you plan a Christmas party for a few days after or even a week after, hit up the sales the day after the holidays! You will get tons of amazing deals.

6. Shop Early Next Time

• Next year, start your shopping game in mid July. There will be lots of Christmas in July sales and you will finds tons more over the course of the next few months.

That is all I have, but I hope you have a fantastic holiday season and use these insider tips to get your Christmas shopping done like a pro.

Photo courtesy of Unsplash.com

Taylon is a senior English student student at UK. She is both a Staff Writer and Social Media Director for Her Campus UK. She is involved in College Mentors for Kids as the Vice President of Fundraising, Sigma Tau Delta - English Honors Fraternity, and Robinson Scholars. Her go-to Starbucks drink is an iced cold brew with almond milk and two pumps of white chocolate mocha.