This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

With Feb 14th right around the corner, girls and guys alike stress over the details of the night. But whether you’re going out with your friends or have a big date planned, have no fear, HC UIC has the perfect outfit tips to make your wardrobe choices worry free.  

Elise keeps her dressy look simple in a solid dress with tasteful details like the visible zipper. Adding heels takes her look to a formal date level, which is why she swears by them for any nice occasion. Don’t be afraid to pair a simple dress with heels to take your ensemble from casual to classy!

Elise Debruyn, Fr., Bio Engineering Major

Dress: Express

Heels: Payless

Pants: American Eagle

Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft

Flats: Mulan

For a more casual date, Elise pairs a plain top and cardigan which allows her colorful pants to shine. And of course, they’re the perfect shade of red for V-day, without giving her an over the top look.  Playing off one bold colorful piece is a cute and easy winter look, and just right for a sweet and simple Valentines date.

Sterling Werfal, Fr., Neuroscience Major

Sweater: Haggar

Button Down: Express

Pants: H&M

Shoes: Topman

Sterling works a versatile look, layering a textured sweater over a red button down to add some color. Finishing off his look with his favorite dress shoes, he’s ready for anything Valentine’s day can throw at him. And let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a boy in a cute sweater in this weather?

I am a freshman at UIC, majoring in Psychology and Communication, with a minor in Art. Photography is my passion, but I also love making and eating cupcakes, and watching 30 rock (Tina Fey is my hero).
Claudia was born in Mexico and moved to Chicago at the age of 8. She is currently attending the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Marketing major. She is really excited to be a part of the HerCampus team and is ready to make HC grow at UIC. She can’t go a day without exercising and especially enjoys Zumba! She loves fashion and reads blogs every day, that’s where she gets her inspiration when she dresses, and hopes to one day have her own! Claudia is currently a representative for AKIRA Chicago, for discount codes contact her at (cmarti74@uic.edu). She strives to be a better person every day, and is really thankful for everything she has. One of Claudia’s favorite quotes is “Enjoy all that you have while you pursue everything that you want”.