jakob owens WUmb eBrpjs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens WUmb eBrpjs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What To Do Instead of Going On Social Media

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Social media tends to take up a lot of our time. Many of us go on it without even thinking about it. Whenever we are bored, we seem to reach for our cell phones. When entering a cafe or a restaurant, a lot of people are always on their phones; even during family dinners! Sometimes, the whole family is on their phone, and no, not just the kids. Social media has turned into such an important part of the day. For example, everyone wants to catch up and see what everyone is up to. You also want to post what you are up to, but sometimes social media can distract us from things that we could be doing. During my final exam week, I found it hard to not pick up my phone after I saw it light up and then proceed to go check Twitter. UGH! Helpful tips on how to avoid social media while studying are talked about in a previous article.

So, now that you’re done with finals and might not be as busy, here are twenty things you can do instead of going on social media.

1. Listen to a podcast

2. Meditate

3. Paint your nails

4. Go on a walk

5. Do an ab workout

6. Call a friend

7. Hangout with someone

8. Clean

9. Make some food

10. Listen to music

11. Find some at-home-workouts

12. Study for a class

13. Watch a documentary or movie

14. Read a book

15. Do some research and learn something new

16. Talk to your parents

17. Get a job

18. Host a get-together

19. Make a healthy smoothie

20. Organize files

My name is Evelyn I love to be adventurous and try new things. I am a pre-nutrition major at the University of Illinois-Chicago. I love food, friends, and tacos.
UIC Contributor.