Style > Beauty

Want A Change? Three Cheap Ways To Change Up Your Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

1. Try fake bangs

Too scared to commit to bangs? Get fake ones to test them out, or just to change up your look for the week! Most hair supply and wig shops sell clip on bangs for $5 or less. Find a piece that matches your hair color. If you don’t like the premade cut of the bangs, trim them to your liking. It can be a fringe bang or a straight one. Put a headband or cute bandana on and no one will know they’re not real!

2. Try false eyelashes

False eyelashes can completely change up a makeup look.  Starting at $5, you can spice up your everyday look with some falsies.  You do not have to go to a makeup store to get some either. Places like Walmart and Target have an awesome selection.  If you have trouble putting them on, buy a super cheap pair and practice putting them on and off until you get the hang of it.

3. Try bright colored eyeshadow or lipstick

Although neutral colors are great and simple for everyday looks, sometimes it’s nice to change it up.  Color coordinate your eyeshadow or lip color with your outfit for a new look. Try out bright colors for a day! Bright colors like red and blue can make your eye color pop, too! Colourpop has amazing, pigmented, cheap, single pot eyeshadows for only $5. They also have a ton of lip colors for only $6.  

Joy is an undergraduate student at University of Illinois at Chicago pursuing Nursing, with an end goal of becoming a CRNA. She loves spicy chips, R&B, and the summer time. She likes being artistic and expressing her creativity through painting, drawing, and makeup during her free time. You can find her doing homework listening to some Frank Ocean on most days.
UIC Contributor.