This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

The point in April has arrived where I feel as if I am in an abusive relationship with the weather. One day I am tra-la-la-ing down Morgan Street on a stereotypically spring seventy-degree day, and the next I am wrapped in my black parka praying for protection from the merciless wind. I have to constantly remind myself not to get too comfortable with the balmy conditions, as there will likely be a twenty degree drop the next day.

These bipolar conditions can make getting dressed in the morning a perplexing experience; Will I regret wearing a skirt by 4 p.m.? Should I pack a jacket? Fifty-six degrees is hot, right?

One day I actually left my house in rain boots, a summer dress and my winter jacket. In Chicago, you have to be prepared to experience every season in one day. Let’s just say I looked…confused.

Regardless of my relationship struggles with spring, it will forever be my favorite season. Why, you ask? Because spring is the time when people come alive through their wardrobe. With the excitement of warm weather brings vibrant colors, creative combinations and pale-white extremities exposed to the sun for the first time in months. In all of my get-dressed bewilderment, seeing the outfits of others provides endless inspiration, as there is no match to pleasure I obtain from walking past an impressive ensemble on the way to class. I believe that what you wear expresses your personality and level of self-regard. Seeing polished people reminds me of the importance of how I choose to present myself to the world, and this spring I have found UIC’s campus to be the perfect place to style watch.

Interestingly, in my style stalking this week I found men rocking their outfits just as hard as women. Men’s street style can be just as aesthetically inspiring as women’s wear, which is why this season’s spread of UIC’s own street style will feature both the sexes at their best.

Deborah S – Major: Psychology, Minor: Biology and Art

Michael Elliot – Major: Undecided

Stan Kim – Major: Business Marketing

Farooq Chaudhry – Major: Sociology

An hour before stumbling upon Farooq he passed my classroom, to which I heard a student say “awesome sweater.” This picture was meant to be.

Kim – Major: Undecided/Pre Dental 

I am a Senior studying English with a concentration in creative writing at UIC. I love all things having to do with natural health, fashion, gardening and sustainable living, and am a trained Climate Reality Presenter. Squirrels are my favorite animal and squirrel hands are my favorite animal body part.
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.