UIC Style Blog Finals Week: Ways to Wear the Legging

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

As finals approach, we all fall into the trap of wearing the same hoodie and leggings to class, day in, day out. But finals is actually an important time to look your best because research has shown when you look better, you feel better, and more confident. And confidence is key factor when it comes to acing your exams! So I watched my suitemates dress up their laziest ensembles for finals, using pieces we all have stashed in the back of our closets, from that old denim shirt to a forgotten scarf.  So study hard stylistas, they’re teaching us that style doesn’t have to be over the top or sacrifice comfort for cuteness!

Kayla Kreutzer, Fr.

Major: Neuroscience

Boots: Steve Madden

Top: Forever 21

Scarf: Hallmark

Leggings: Discovery

Biggest Finals Fashion Regret? Wearing bunny slippers to class…

Kayla pairs her leggings with a simple sweater and lace up boots. Her outfit goes from casual to chic with the addition of a patterned scarf, which compliments the colors of her ensemble. She looks stylish yet breezy, so hopefully this outfit will also help her breeze through that chem final!

Angelica Gallegos, Fr.

Major: Computer Science

Boots: Aldo

Top: Forever 21

Leggings: Under Armour

Biggest Finals Fashion Regret? I thought it would be a good idea to wear grey sweatpants and a grey hoodie. It wasn’t. 

Angelica avoids the overused tall boots with leggings look by classing up her outfit with a semi-formal shirt. Taking a piece she’d usually reserve for dress pants or a skirt she makes leggings look professional, a perfect way to start her finals week off right!

Namrata Saha, So.

Major: Bio-Engineering

Boots: Steve Madden

Denim Top: Express

Leggings: H&M

Biggest Finals Fashion Regret? I decided to really dress up for a final since a boy I liked was in that class…my dress and heels got me some very weird looks.

Namrata pulls out an old summer shirt to spice up her comfy leggings and tank ensemble. Topping it off with legwarmers and short boots, she is effortlessly stylish. Hopefully feeling cute and comfortable will help her conquer the tough week ahead! 

I am a freshman at UIC, majoring in Psychology and Communication, with a minor in Art. Photography is my passion, but I also love making and eating cupcakes, and watching 30 rock (Tina Fey is my hero).
UIC Contributor.