This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Escape from the Uggs! While we all love our favorite go to boot, don’t let your sense of style get lost in the sea of Northfaces and Uggs that flood campus every fall. These 4 style savvy girls stay ahead of the tide with boots that combine looks, practicality and comfort to keep them high and dry in this cold rainy Chicago fall. 

Classic!

Chrissey Nguyen

Major: Pre Pharmacy

Jacket: Charlotte Russe

Boots: Steve Madden

Bag: Chloe

Fall Staple: Sweaters paired with scarves

Chrissey pairs the classic fall leather boot with a sweet pastel peacoat and  tops it off with the perfect gray bag with matching leather accents to offset her boots. By keeping it classy Chrissey beats the wave of repetitive fleeces and over used Uggs, while still maintaining her comfortable yet girly style.

Bold!

Nabiha Quadri

Major: Neuroscience

Jacket: Old Navy

Boots: Macy’s

Fall Staple: Her favorite cozy sweater

Nabiba takes bright and bold to a new level by combining her magenta jacket and two toned boots. Standing out in the sea of mismatched colors that plagues fall as stylistas scrounge in their closest to keep warm, Nabiba’s bold choice is both practical and unique.

Short and Simple!

Caylen Doyle

Major: Architecture

Jacket: Nordstrom

Boots: Zara

Fall Staple: Her black Peacoat

Caylen keeps her everyday look simple, but not sloppy. Pairing all black attire with her short black boots she achieves a both practical and stylish outfit to protect her from the Chicago fall, easy to rock day or night.

Lace Up!

Chinyere Evulukwu

Major: Criminal Law and Sociology

Jacket: Charlotte Russe

Top: Agaci

Boots: Shiek

Chinyere pairs a classic neutral coat and jeans with a pop of color top and complementing lace up boots with another peek of color. This is a great twist on the usual lace up leather boot, adding color to the bland fall landscape of the Quad.

So campus stylistas, take a note from these ladies and don’t be afraid to rock bold colors, stay sweet with pastels, or keep it simple with a monotone look. Either way, don’t let your style sag in the fall rut!

I am a freshman at UIC, majoring in Psychology and Communication, with a minor in Art. Photography is my passion, but I also love making and eating cupcakes, and watching 30 rock (Tina Fey is my hero).
UIC Contributor.