This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Fall is the most wonderful time of the year (sorry Andy Williams). From the leaves, to the sweaters, hot chocolate, and most importantly, pumpkin-flavored everything, fall is pure bliss. Especially the pumpkin part. All the wannabe-pumpkin lovers seem to come out of the woodworks at this time and make their appearance at Starbucks for their latte, but us true pumpkin lovers prefer to take it to the next level. Here are some of my favorite pumpkin recipes to enhance the gloriousness that is Autumn in Chicago.

Pumpkin Spice Muffins
So easy, so cheap, so delicious. All you  need is a box of spice cake and a can of pumpkin. Mix together and back for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Top with powdered sugar or cream cheese frosting. Yum!

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Perfect for breakfast! Just take a 1/2 banana, 1/3 cup pumpkin puree, 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt , 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk (or vanilla soy milk), few shakes of pumpkin pie spice, 4-5 ice cubes and some cinnamon and blend.

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
This recipe is a little more complicated than the others, so you can find the recipe here: http://www.annies-eats.com/2009/11/10/pumpkin-spice-pancakes/. I can’t wait to make these!

Pumpkin Mudslide
Fulton’s Harvest Pumpkin pie cream liquor is the greatest thing ever. Mix with Kahlua, ice, and French vanilla coffee creamer for a delicious treat!

UIC Contributor.
Ceida is a third-year student at the University of Illinois at Chicago, studying graphic design with an interest in editorial. She has interned for a fashion photographer, Hesita&Bear (a luxury homeware company) and plans to continue her trek in the visual communications industry. Ceida loves exploring the Windy City, and more importantly: she enjoys showing it off. Her pass times include drinking coffee, thrifting, and listening to old-school Jazz, and photography! She is also a proud member of Phi Sigma Sigma National Sorority.