Music Blog: Sounds Like Summertime

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Take a pause from finals mayhem and play Seattle-based band, The Head and the Heart’s new video for “Summertime”. Clever animations will stir your explorative spirit and prepare you for the post-school season! These guys will be visiting lovely Chicago to play Lolla in August. If you snoozed through ticket sales, though, you can still check them out at our neighbor-city’s sunny festival, Summerfest in Milwaukee! Stream the rest of their fall LP, Let’s Be Still below the video, and be sure to stay tuned for my send-off playlist: “School’s Out For Summer” next week! 

Meaghan craves music almost as much as a good cup of coffee or a bagel smothered with cream cheese. Therefore, her most significant contribution to HerCampus arises once a week via her "Music Blog" section. Through this column, Meaghan hopes to inform and excite readers, introducing them to a variety of new music and music-related topics. Although difficult to decipher her crystal ball's contents, she would love to be working towards an outlet that combines design, writing, music, fashion, art and entertainment in the future. Obsessions also include the color pink and quoting her favorite films. 
UIC Contributor.