This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Sir Robert Bryson Hall II, or Logic, or the Young Sinatra of this generation, released another album this year. Everybody, made it to the VMAs with the song ‘1-800-273-8255’ ft. Alessia Cara and Khalid. And just like this song hits on important issues, the rest of the album does just that, and I live for it!

(Courtesy of Genius)

Logic started as an underground artist, not completely familiar in the mainstream. Since 2010, he’s released multiple mixtapes and albums – about a total of 8. All of his work has essentially demonstrated his message of peace, love, and positivity, but Everybody hits a lot harder on the subject of equality. Donald Trump becoming President of the United States shifted this country, tremendously. What’s scarier? All this hate was always there; it just needed a voice. So with all this going on and having rappers – those who have the platform – speak on the issues is amazing.

He hits on topics like homosexuality, suicide, the struggles of being biracial – Logic’s biracial, by the way – the Trump problem, being a minority, anxiety, etc. And of course, his efficient and hard-hitting flow carries on throughout, as well as mesmerizing and head-nodding beats to tie it all together.

When I first heard Logic, about the time his second mixtape came out, I became a Bobby Soxer, all the way. Some time after, I started sleeping on the genius – I don’t know, life happened, maybe it was because he got married, who knows. Point is, after hearing this album, I regret it and I love him even more. I can’t even pick a favorite song on the album because they’re all so damn great! ‘Confess’, ‘Take it Back’ and ‘Ink Blot’ is definitely up there, though. What are yours?

If you haven’t already, check it out! You can tune in for the free-99 on YouTube.

Now, I shall leave you all with this infamous quote he said, during his VMA performance that embodies all that is Everybody:

“We must fight for the equality for every man, woman, and child, regardless of race, religion, color, creed and sexual orientation.”

Hey there! I'm Dolores Contreras, but call me Lola! I am a senior at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), majoring in English with a concentration in Creative Writing and minoring in Sociology. This is my first semester writing for HerCampus and I'm super excited! It's not just a chance to get more involved on campus, but it's also creating this door of opportunities for life after college, ya' know? And what's best? Putting my writing to work! Yas! 
UIC Contributor.