This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Basic Info:

Cutie: Hubert Szelag

Year: Freshman

Major: Kinesiology, I plan on doing physical therapy.

Heritage: I’m a 100% Polish

Hometown: I was born in Staszow, Poland, but I currently live in Niles, Illinois.

Campus Life:

Local or Commuter: Commuter

What are you involved with on campus: I am involved with the Kinesiology Club, Pre-Physical Therapy Club, and intramural soccer. Initially, I planned on joining UIC’s soccer team, but couldn’t because of the school work.

What is your favorite thing about UIC: I like how it’s close to downtown and the short distance from my house. Also, it feels like I never left home since majority of my friends go to Depaul or Loyola.

What is your least favorite thing about UIC: The Wi-Fi and the small desks in the lecture halls.

Where is your favorite place to eat around at UIC: I’m in the inner circle eating often between classes, but I do love Chipotle.

What are your plans after graduation: I plan on graduating with a degree in Kinesiology and hopefully getting into UIC’s medical school for physical therapy. I also hope to plan on living at an apartment in the city with my friends.

Fun facts:

What is your biggest fear: I hate anything that has to do with paranormal stuff like horror movies and haunted houses. I’ll piss myself before I make it through one.

If you could have any power for an entire day, what would it be: I would love to be able to teleport because it can be a hassle to move to places sometimes. Being able to read minds would also be a cool power to have as well.

What’s your favorite quote: “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”

One interesting fact about you: I was hit by a car in Poland when I was two years old. Thankfully I lived but I had a broken collar bone from it.

Describe yourself in three words: Confident, funny, gentle.

Love Life:

Single or taken:  It’s complicated, but I have a girlfriend who goes to school in Florida.

Celebrity crush(s): Megan Fox, Miranda Kerr, and Brooklyn Decker.

What is your deal maker: Someone who can make me laugh as well as someone who is easy to talk with. Being able to give good massages is definitely a plus.

What is your deal breaker: A bad kisser and bad body odor

What would your dream date be like: Going out to eat for dinner like Weber Grill on Ohio St. Then after, we would walk around Millennium Park and take a bunch of pictures so she can put them on Instagram. To end the night, we would go to the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier and watch fireworks.

If you have a song to describe your love life, what would it be: “The Script” – Breakeven

Jenny is a UIC student majoring in Political Science. She is a Batman enthusiast and has an obsession with the ocean and sailing.
UIC Contributor.