etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Have An Impactful Travel Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Everybody wants to make a difference in this world. If you love to travel and explore new cultures, then your opportunity is here! Visit.org is an organization that allows you to incorporate unique and transformational activities into your travel schedule while helping underprivileged women gain attention and much-needed income. This goal is fulfilled as these women are given the opportunity to teach their cultural trades and activities to tourists.

(Courtesy of Community-Based Cooperative)

There are 500 different activities in 63 countries. The organization’s website makes it easy to plan your activities, once you choose your destination. In addition to aiding underprivileged women, there are a variety of other causes that you can plan your activities around, such as Human Rights or the Environment. Visit.org makes sure that the organizations they partner with are safe and secure, and 100% of the revenue earned is invested back into the community.

If you already have a vacation planned for spring break, it is the perfect opportunity to incorporate travel activities from visit.org into your itinerary. The organization has programs in Mexico and Florida, two very popular spring break destination sights. In Mexico, you can learn how to make tortillas by hand with indigenous Mexican women through CADEM. In Florida, you can spend time with rescued animals like lions and tigers through Big Cat Rescue.

If you will be kicking back at home this spring break, no worries, it gives you plenty of time to think about your future travel destinations. Wherever you decide to go, Visit.org makes it easy to add remarkable experiences that will widen your perspective on different cultures and environments, while helping you better the world. 

(Courtesy of Big Cat Rescue)

"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder." -Rumi
UIC Contributor.