How To Get Back Into The Swing of Things For The Upcoming Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

With the new semester starting after a long break, it can be hard getting back into the swing of things. Hopefully, these tips can help you have a good start to your spring semester.  

1. Use your syllabuses and planner to prepare you

One of the most important things to do to make sure you don’t fall behind is read through ALL of your syllabuses.  Plan so that you will have time to prepare for your exams and assignments. Begin making a schedule for yourself of when you will dedicate time to each class. Professors will not always remind you to do upcoming assignments, so make sure to keep up by knowing what’s coming using your syllabus.  

2. Make friends in your classes

Making friends in each of your classes is a great way, not only to meet new people, but to help you adjust to these new classes. Sometimes, you may get confused or not understand what to do for an assignment, and having a buddy in class that can help you is a huge help. Become study buddies with people who are motivated.  

3. Begin good habits now

Now is the time to start making good habits. Go to bed early. Do your assignments early. Get used to a routine where you make sure your academics are taken care of, but also do not forget to fit in time for self-care.  

Good luck with your spring semester!

Joy is an undergraduate student at University of Illinois at Chicago pursuing Nursing, with an end goal of becoming a CRNA. She loves spicy chips, R&B, and the summer time. She likes being artistic and expressing her creativity through painting, drawing, and makeup during her free time. You can find her doing homework listening to some Frank Ocean on most days.
UIC Contributor.