Early Voting In The 2016 Presidential Election

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Regardless of your political party and your candidate of choice, the U.S. politics are about to be changed and history will be made. In two weeks, we can potentially have a female candidate or a notable businessman succeeding President Obama.

While you are finishing up the first half of your semester, don’t forget to head out to the polls, to cast your vote, and be a part of the change in history!

Collegiettes, the early voting process in Chicago is happening as we speak. You have from now until November 7, 2016 to participate in early voting. Early voting is recommended due to the high volumes of traffic expected on election day, and it will give you the peace of mind knowing that your ballot has been casted.

UIC Collegiettes, early voting will take place, at UIC beginning on November 2nd through November 4th. It will take place at Student Center East, Room 613, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Check out the Chicago Board of Election Commissioners website for information about your polling location and hours of operation.

Hello, everyone, my name is Shirley Toy. I am a graduate of the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) with a Bachelor's in English, concentrating in Professional Writing and double minors in Spanish and Communication. I am an alum of Her Campus at UIC, where I served as a writer, Co-Campus Correspondent, and Editor-in-Chief. At the National level, I served as a Chapter Advisor for the 2017-2018 academic year. These opportunities are perfect because I get to merge my passions for writing, leadership, and technology together. Follow & Tweet me on Twitter @_shirleyst!
UIC Contributor.