Original Illustration Designed in Canva for Her Campus Media

Dunkin’ Coconut Milk Refreshers

Dairy alternatives have become very popular and Dunkin’ Donuts is joining the trend! On April 28th they added a line of coconut milk drinks. When I first saw these drinks it reminded me of the pink drink at Starbucks, so I wanted to compare. In high school, my friends would always get iced coffee from there but I never was a fan of coffee so I did not see the big deal with Dunkin’. Now, Dunkin is more than just donuts and iced coffee. They really stepped up their game in non-coffee drinks and food items. For Spring (February 24th-April 27th), Dunkin’ came out with avocado toast, grilled cheese melts, blueberry iced matcha lattes, roll-ups, matcha donuts, and blueberry pomegranate refresher (permanent item). I tried the avocado toast, blueberry pomegranate refresher, and the blueberry matcha latte. I wanted to try the matcha donut but the employee said they do not make those. Now, for Summer (April 28th-May 25th), they are adding more items in addition to the coconut milk refreshers: butter pecan sundae signature latte, bacon-topped avocado toast, and sunrise batch hot coffee. 

Dunkin’ Coconut Refresher 

Flavors: Golden peach, pink strawberry, and purple pomegranate

Cost: Dunkin is having a deal until May 25th, medium drink for $3 

Taste: I was able to try 2/3 flavors; pink strawberry and golden peach. Compared to Starbucks, pink strawberry tasted nothing like the pink drink. I give it a 3/10. I was also able to try golden peach which I give a 1/10. I was not able to finish this drink because it was overly sweet with a weird tangy taste.

Starbucks

Compared to Starbucks, the ingredients seem similar but the taste is far different. In the pink drink, it contains strawberry acai base and coconut milk. Overall, I thought I was onto something and found a great dupe. So, unfortunately, Starbucks is the winner in this battle. But at Dunkin’, I recommend their matcha with almond milk and blueberry pomegranate refresher.

Dupe Recipe 

1/2 cup coconut milk

1/2 cup cranberry juice 

Handfull of dehydrated strawberries 

Maya is currently a Senior at University of Illinois at Chicago. She is majoring in Integrated Health Studies with the goal of becoming a genetic counselor. She joined HER and is excited for all the article she will create. She enjoys staying connected with pop culture and all the new restaurants.