This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Basic Info:

Name: Chris Russell

Year: Senior

Hometown: Chicago

Major: Economics 

Birthday: December 20th, 1992

Heritage: African American

Campus Life:

Local or Commuter?

Local guy, living in the heart of Pilsen

What are you involved with on campus?

I’m involved with a bit of everything on campus. Greek life has been a huge part of my college experience, as well as community service, and peer mentioning. Shout outs to Omega Delta, The Collegiate 100, and Sprouting Leaders mentoring Group.

What is your favorite thing about UIC?

My favorite thing about UIC is the people. I’ve met dozens of interesting and inspiring individuals. From students and professors to faculty and staff, each person with a unique story and perspective.

What is your least favorite thing about UIC?

My least favorite thing about UIC is the wages paid to our professors and academic advisors. The strike has been long since forgotten, but the effects on our quality of education are still a pressing issue. I for one would still like to see change but am not holding my breath.

Where is your favorite place to eat around at UIC?

My favorite place to eat around UIC would have to be Taylor Made pizza around 2am because that place is always packed. There’s nothing like dinner and a show.

What are your plans after graduation?

After graduation I will be taking over Kelloggs School of Business as an MBA Candidate, while studying for my CFA certification.

Fun facts:

What is your biggest fear?

My biggest fear is not realizing my full potential.

If you could have any power for an entire day, what would it be?

If I could have any power in the world it’d be the ability to see the future.

What’s your favorite quote?

My favorite quote is from my mother. She always tells me to “Bring brightness into someones life who may be living in darkness.”

One interesting fact about you?

I love comedy with a passion. Stand up and Improv would be my entertainment of choice.

Describe yourself in three words.

Prepared, professional, and progressive

Love Life:

Single or taken? 

Single

Celebrity crush(s)?

Jhene Aiko, Shawn Johnson, Shakira , and Jennifer Lopez.

What is your deal maker?

Deal maker is having the confidence to stand out in a crowded room.

What is your deal breaker?

Deal breaker being closed minded or mean spirited in general.

Nicole is a proud city girl born and raised in beautiful Chicago. She is currently a student at the University of Illinois at Chicago as a Business Marketing major and a part of the Women's Line Up Team at Nike Chicago. She loves everything to do with fitness & health, music, urban life, and sports! In her spare time she loves to run, ride her fixie along the lakefront, do yoga, and volunteer! She is a die hard Chicago Bulls fan with a huge sweet tooth. Nicole's dream is to have a career in marketing with a focus in brand management or advertisement and sales promotion.
UIC Contributor.