Campus Profile: Aneta Luszcz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Basics

Name: Aneta Luszcz

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Glenview, IL

Birthday: 09/06/1996

Major: Applied Psychology and Spanish Linguistics

UIC Life

Local or Commuter?

Commuter

What are you involved with on campus?

Her Campus Editorial Team, PSI CHI tutor, Conversation Partner Program Participant, ASB-Alternative Spring Break Participant

What are your plans for next year?  

I hope to graduate a year early in the Spring of 2018. In my last year, I hope to become an active member in the ASB organization, continue tutoring for PSI CHI, obtain a grant to conduct an architecture based-research project in Europe, get an internship working with children, spend my breaks volunteering in other states through ASB, spend more time with my family, work and graduate with the highest academic standing possible.

What are your plans after graduation?

In the future, I’d like to become a practicing social worker active in the immigrant community and amongst youth, and possibly, in the distant (distant distant) future, become a Human Rights Lawyer. Above being a social worker, I also want to be an active participant in my community (possibly teaching Spanish classes, learning a 4th language, working as an interpreter, etc.) and remain a strong advocate for social justice and social empowerment. After graduation, my immediate plans may entail taking a gap to teach English abroad.

Fun Facts

Describe yourself in three words.

Empathetic, Intelligent, and Liberal.

Interesting fact?

I hate ketchup. I have a black-lab named Fuzzy. I love children.  

Current go-to song?

Karzima- Sleep, Chainsmokers-Young

Something that you would change about yourself?

I’m very sensitive, sensitive to the pain and suffering of others. (e.g. consuming the news, especially in our current social-political climate, infuriates me). Sometimes, I wish I could care a little bit less.

One thing you would tell your high school self?

Stop conforming.

One thing you would tell yourself now?

Don’t be so hard on yourself. Your talents are enough.

Biggest Pet Peeve?

Loud Munchers/ Chewers. People on their phones in an intimate social context.

Love Life

Interested in?

Men, but I think sexual attraction is a spectrum; it is not inelastic nor rigidly placed (subject to change).  

Relationship Status?

Single, Single, Single

Celebrity Crush?

Leonardo DiCaprio. Nina Dobrev. Cenk Uygur. Hasan Piker.

Favorite Pick-Up Line?

I’m not drunk, I’m intoxicated by you. (thanks Tinder)

Ideal First Date?

Intimate Coffee Shop, the Beach, or Volunteering together

Favorite Quote?

You presume you are a small entity, but within you is enfolded the entire universe.”

“I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason. I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually” -James Baldwin

“You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do, or what you have done, but simply because you are” – Max Lucado

“True peace is not merely the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice” -MLK

Christiana is a Communications major with a minor in Sociology at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Originally from a very small town in central Illinois, she spends most of her time exploring the city. She enjoys live music, poetry, and cheesy indie comedies. Catch her around campus to talk about the latest in hip-hop releases.