Campus Profile: Amanda Nuño

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

“Being the only girl alongside two brothers, one older and one younger, I found myself acting like their second mom, which has led to my friends seeing me as the ‘mother of the group.’ My brothers are my best friends and I’m very protective over them. However, don’t let that fool you, I know how to have fun, too. I think the kids call it getting “lit” nowadays. I’m the type of friend that will give you some real advice and still be there after you don’t listen to it. I’ve enjoyed my time here at UIC because I’ve been able to grow as a person, have some of the realest late night conversations in the dorms, and make great memories with some of the best people.”

Basics:

Year: Sophomore

Height: 5’5”

Hometown: Glen Ellyn, IL (The Dirty Six Thirty)

Birthday: December 5, 1995

Heritage: Mexican-American

Major: Business Management

UIC Life:

Local or Commuter:

Local

What are you involved with on campus?

Peer Health Exchange, Sprouting Leaders, Alpha Phi Omega

What are your plans for this year?

Sleep. Eat. Rave. Repeat. (and a little studying)

What are your plans after graduation?

As of right now, I either want to start working or go to grad school.

Fun Facts:

Three Words to Describe Yourself?

Good Listener, Reliable, Goofy

Interesting Fact?

I like ranch and bleu cheese on everything. I have the best rap hand motions in the city. I can belly roll my tongue. And yes, I classify these as interesting facts.

Current Go To Song?

Right now it’s about Kehlani and Bryson Tiller

Current Slogan?

“Talk sh*t, get hit”

Something that you would change about yourself?

I wish I could execute the winged eyeliner like it was nothing. I also wish I was more patient.

Favorite childhood memory?

My Quinceañera and the gift of Usher tickets

One piece of advice you would tell high school Amanda?

Love yourself, because after that, life becomes so much easier.

Biggest Pet-Peeve?

My biggest pet-peeve is when individuals don’t take into consideration how their actions might affect others, aka rude people.

Love Life:

Interested in:

Men

Relationship Status:

Single

Celebrity Crush:

Usher, Justin Bieber, Robert De Niro

Currently Campus Crushing?

Yeah I got a lot of baby crushes. There’s no problem with that, I’ve met a lot of cool people.

Favorite Pick-Up Line?

I don’t use pick-up lines. I just chill and crack a few jokes. If they laugh, I think I got them.

Ideal First Date?

An ideal first date to me doesn’t really matter on location. If we’re both laughing, that’s ideal because we’re already passed the awkward threshold.  

Irais is pursuing a marketing major at The University of Illinois at Chicago. Coming from the small country town of Harvard, Illinois, she knows there's a whole neighborhood left for her to explore. Checking off her bucket list activities is what she does in the afternoons and weekends when she’s not napping. She currently cherishes her vast music playlist, Netflix account, Pinterest boards, and her growing show collection of Chucks and wedges. Catch her trying to Penny board to class.
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.