Campus Profile: Alex Crocker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Alex Crocker’s time in the UIC lecture halls are limited. Graduating in May, Alex has a pivotal decision to make. Working straight after graduation or continuing his education? He already started the dreaded adult action of applying to full-time positions. However, as the countdown continues, his decision has been leaning towards getting his masters at UIC. To earn the title of Dr. Crocker, he’s thinking of later transferring to another university for his Ph.D.

*P.S.: be prepared for his humor*

Basics:

Year: Senior

Height: 5’ 7.875”

Hometown: Streamwood, IL

Birthday: March 16, 1994

Heritage: Argentinian/typical White ancestry

Major: Chemical Engineering

UIC Life:

Local or Commuter:

Local

What are you involved with on campus?

Tau Beta Pi Engineering Society, nanomaterial research, and occasionally the UIC Rugby Club

What are your plans for this year?

Mainly to finish up school and graduate

What are your plans after graduation?

I would like to either find a career in the energy or pharmaceutical industry or go to graduate school to pursue a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering.

Fun Facts:

Three Words to Describe Yourself?

Tall, dark, and handsome….just kidding; thoughtful, dependable, witty

Interesting Fact?

Did you know that a dime has 118 ridges around the edge?

Current Go To Song?

Crank That (Soulja Boy)

Something that you would change about yourself?

That I care too much

One piece of advice you would tell high school Alex?

Don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone.

Biggest Pet-Peeve?

When people walk on the wrong side of the sidewalk

Love Life:

Interested in:

Women

Relationship Status:

Single

Celebrity Crush:

Rita Ora or Tori Kelly

Favorite Pick-Up Line?

I lock eyes with a woman, slowly approach her, point at her and say “YOUUUUU” and then crank that one time, you feel me.

Ideal First Date?

Despite living in the city for 4 years, I really haven’t explored Chicago that much. I would enjoy roaming around the city without any direction and then find a random restaurant to eat at. Then maybe grab something sweet after. I enjoy spontaneity.

Irais is pursuing a marketing major at The University of Illinois at Chicago. Coming from the small country town of Harvard, Illinois, she knows there's a whole neighborhood left for her to explore. Checking off her bucket list activities is what she does in the afternoons and weekends when she’s not napping. She currently cherishes her vast music playlist, Netflix account, Pinterest boards, and her growing show collection of Chucks and wedges. Catch her trying to Penny board to class.
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.