This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Basics:

Name: Antonio Lubanksi      

Year: Senior

Hometown: Plainfield, Illinois

Birthday: August 5, 1992    

Heritage: Polish and Colombian

Major: Civil Engineering

UIC Life:

Local or Commuter?

Local

What are you involved with on campus?

Theta Xi Fraternity

What is your favorite thing about UIC?

The unconventional college experience that it offers. It’s not your typical college town atmosphere. You have to truly make it your own.

What is your least favorite thing about UIC?

Not having a football team, if there was a football team here there would be so much more school pride and would enhance the social structure of the school.

What are your plans after graduation?

Work as a civil engineer and get a dog. Eventually I’d like to open my own practice as an environmental lawyer.

Fun Facts:

Favorite Place to Eat?

Ichiban.

What’s something that people don’t really know about you?

I’m a real anime fanatic

What are your hobbies?

Working out and participating in late night social outings. I also love dabbling into nature. Reading about current policies regarding environmental issues keeps me pretty entertained.

What kind of music are you into?

alternative music with reggae undertone and stoner rap

What’s you’re favorite animal?

Definitely a Platypus because they just do their own thing. They swim around in rivers and they have no natural predators. It’s also cool how the males have venomous hind spurs and they’re the only mammal that lays its own eggs.

Favorite Movie: Lord of the Rings

Favorite Book: Animal Farm

If you won the lottery what’s the first thing you would buy?

A pet platypus and subsequent platypus merchandise

Love Life:

Interested in:

Women

Relationship Status:

Single

Celebrity Crushes:

Scarlett Johanson

What do you look for in a girl?

Openmindedness, intelligence, morality, and a breathtaking behind

What is your deal breaker?

dishonesty

Describe your dream date?

Any date could be a dream date with the right girl. 

Tenzin Moenkyi was born in the small village of Dharamsala, India where many Tibetan refugees reside. At a young age she immigrated to Rogers Park, a diverse Chicago neighborhood located on the north side. The issues regarding Tibet's political turmoil with China along with those in her community in the city made her passionate about political affairs and social justice. Currently, she is a Junior at the University of Illinois at Chicago double-majoring in Economics and Politcal Science. She is her chapter's treasurer of the national sorority Phi Sigma Sigma, a writer for HerCampus Magazine, and model for Stewart Talent Agency. Catch her modeling in this year's Chicago Fashion Week on October 15th! 
UIC Contributor.