Campus Celebrity: Ashlee Jordan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Ashlee Jordan

Major: Communications with a minor in Political Science

Age: 22

Year: Senior

HC: What is your position at UIC Radio?

AJ: I am the Promotions Director and an on air personality.

HC: How did you become the promotions director?

AJ: Everyone wants attention and I was able to bring in many interesting guests on the radio. Also, social media is the key. It helped grab people’s attention and through that I was promoted.

HC: How did you get started with UIC Radio?

AJ: I found out about UIC radio through a mass email.

HC: How has working at UIC radio benefited you?

AJ: There are not many hands-on options available for communications major. The radio station gave me an opportunity to do something that I always wanted to do. I am able to get hands-on experience in the radio industry, which is what I always wanted to do. 

HC: What made you join the radio?  

AJ: I dreamt of being a radio personality and I love talking.

HC: What other organizations are you a part of?

AJ: I am in woman-to-woman which is a part of AAN (African American network) and mock trial.

HC: Is it stressful being a radio personality and promotions director for UIC radio?

AJ: There is always stress. I have to manage publicity, press passes, and my regular classes. It’s all worth it in the end. I have a better ability to multi task and it teaches responsibility.

HC: How would someone apply for the radio?

AJ: You can go to this link: UIC Radio Website . We are always looking for bloggers and DJs. Our blog can be found here: UIC Radio Blog.

Jasmine is studying biochemistry at UIC. She is also a political science minor. She loves hockey, music, politics, and cooking. 
Erin is a Communication student at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the President and Editor-in-Chief of UIC's Her Campus chapter. On a daily basis, she can be found making excessive film references and getting overly emotional about superhero TV shows. She has a deep passion for writing, movies, music, good books, and great food, and will gladly talk your ear off about all of the above if prompted to do so.