This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Alfredo Sauce and Homemade Pasta: The Recipe

2 Sticks Butter

1/2 Yellow Onion

1 Clove of Garlic

Flour(see instructions)

5 Cups Half and Half

1 Container of Shredded Parmesan

1/2 Container of Powered Parmesan

Salt(To Taste)

Pepper(To Taste)

Noodles:

3 Cups Flour

3 Large Eggs( Partially Beaten)

Instructions:

1. Finely chop the onion along with the clove of garlic

2. Melt butter in the pan and then throw in the onion and garlic. Let onions and garlic sauté in butter until onions turn clear. Then add flour a little bit at a time while continuing to stir the butter, onion,  and garlic mixture. As you continue to stir in the flour, stop at points to run a test; this test is to determine the thickness of the rue. To run it, all you need to do is drag your spoon through the butter and flour mixture, and you should see the pan for about half a second before it connects again. The harsh flour smell should also be completely gone. This is when you know enough flour has been added. Then you slowly stir in the 5 cups of half and half, after this is completely incorporated, add both containers of cheese. After all is mixed in, turn down the heat and let it simmer.

Noodles:

1. Pour out three cups of flour and make a well in the middle of a surface

2. Beat all three eggs and add to the middle of this well

3. Fold in flour and eggs until the dough is formed, then continue to knead for 3 to 4 minutes afterward

4. Roll out dough till the desired thickness is achieved, then cut into thin strips

5. Boil for 5-6 minutes, or until noodles are tender

6. Drain and top with your already made alfredo sauce

Enjoy!

Hi, welcome to my page everybody my name is Josh and I am currently a Freshman at UIC. If you're here get ready for a good time Peace and love, Josh
UIC Contributor.