5 Websites To Use For Your Internship Search

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Hey collegiettes, since you learned how to write a résumé and cover letter. This week, I will show you where and how to find internships. Don’t forget to “Apply, apply, and APPLY”! Internships are super competitive because everyone wants it, so get your name out there because you never know until you try! 

1. LinkedIn

Yes, collegiettes, you can find a job or internship on LinkedIn. There’s no reason why you should not already have an account set up. This is where employers search for you, and LinkedIn is a great platform to connect with your professionals and build your network. Also, LinkedIn has an entire section on their website dedicated to jobs. You can narrow your search by location and keywords. 

2. Indeed.com

Indeed.com is a great tool to use whether you are looking for a job, internship, trying to discover your passions or jobs with a specific company. Indeed.com is also very easy to use; you can upload your resume onto their website, you can apply from on their website, and you can also narrow your search. 

3. Internships.com

Internships.com mirrors the features of a news aggregator. Internships.com’s servers populate a master list of jobs and internship postings from companies and employers, and they cater it to your interest based on the information you enter in. Some are location specific, some are skills specific, etc. The URL initially turned me away, but I decided to give it a try, and I was surprised by what they have to offer. 

4. Idealist.org

For those of you who are interested in working for or looking for non-profit organizations, check out Idealist.org

5. Looksharp.com

Looksharp.com is another great resource to have; sometimes you know about opportunities that were not on Indeed.com or internships.com.

That concludes my posts on résumés, cover letters and internships for now. Best of luck, collegiates; I hope this makes the whole process a little less intimidating and helps you with your internship search! 

Hello, everyone, my name is Shirley Toy. I am a graduate of the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) with a Bachelor's in English, concentrating in Professional Writing and double minors in Spanish and Communication. I am an alum of Her Campus at UIC, where I served as a writer, Co-Campus Correspondent, and Editor-in-Chief. At the National level, I served as a Chapter Advisor for the 2017-2018 academic year. These opportunities are perfect because I get to merge my passions for writing, leadership, and technology together. Follow & Tweet me on Twitter @_shirleyst!
UIC Contributor.