This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Can you believe that we are already in the month of November? November is a month that is filled with so many events from Election Day to Veteran’s Day to the Thanksgiving holiday. It’s also a month that is favored by many college students and here’s why!

1. Last official month of the fall semester

Plus it’s not an entire month spent in classes, you will be off for Thanksgiving break.

2. Midterms are over

Bye-bye midterms, now you can finally get some rest before finals, but don’t forget to stay focused!

3. Thanksgiving!  

You get to go home and spend time with your family and friends. Plus there’s so many home cooked meals that you don’t get while you’re away.

4. Black Friday and Cyber Monday

Do you know what that means? Shopping! You can get to do some shopping with your family and friends back home, plus it’s a great time to bond and catch up.

Raven is sophomore at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She majoring in UIC college of education as an early childhood educator. She dreams of one day teaching in both private and public schools. She has a passion for young people and most importantly patience. During Raven's free time from class she likes to shop, catch up on missed shows and more SHOPPING. Raven is sometimes shy but love meeting new people - ironic!  
UIC Contributor.