yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

3 Go-to Restaurants Near UIC to enjoy in the Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Beginning October 15 to 21, Her Campus UIC is partnering with Her Campus UCLA to compare the differences between Chicago and Los Angeles. #HCUICLA is our social media hashtag on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; don’t miss out!  **We will conclude the collaboration with this article**

Fall seems to be everyone’s favorite season here in The Windy City, and these are some of the many places around campus to enjoy the sweater weather.

(Photo Courtesy: Furious Spoon)

1. Furious Spoon in Pilsen: 1316 W 18th St, Chicago, IL 60608

It is a perfect place for ramen; it’s affordable, more than enough for a hungry appetite, a great atmosphere, and it might be better than some places in New York City. When the weather is nice, they open up their enormous slide windows that open up to the beautiful neighborhood of Pilsen. There’s many authentic Mexican bakeries, grocery stores, and shops surrounding Furious Spoon.

(Photo Courtesy: Chicago Tribune)

2. La Michoacána Premium: 1855 S Blue Island Ave, Chicago, IL 60608

I am the type of person who doesn’t care that it’s 60 degrees outside and will still buy ice cream. La Michoacána has a variety of flavors of ice cream and other tasty foods found in an ice cream shop. My recommendation: a mangonada because it is both sweet and fresh with pieces of mango and mango ice cream.

(Photo Courtesy: Trip Advisor)

3. Pompei: 1531 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60607

If you’re looking for a nice place to enjoy an affordable plate of Italian cuisine, you need to go to Pompei down on Taylor Street. It is a family-owned company, and it is both affordable and delicious, they might not have their tables to eat outside all the time, but it’s definitely a favorite to those who pile in during lunchtime. It’s only 15 minutes away from campus on the bus.

I am a first-generation college student who is pursuing a bachelor's degree in communication. I am passionate about social media and the way that it allows us to connect with communities of people all over the world. I like to write about the effects of social media on our day-to-day lives, social media tips to gain followers, lifestyle, food, and things to do in Chicago.
UIC Contributor.