10 Things HC UIC is Thankful for:

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

10 Things HC UIC is thankful for:

1. Being able to see the Skyline from anywhere. The Sears Tower (Willis Tower, the name change is just too hard to accept) really is our North Star.

2. We are thankful for the Idea Commons that stays open 24/7 for those of us who are extra studious (and for those of us who are the best procrastinators)!

3. We are thankful for virtually having the entire world outside our front door; there are so many cultures to explore and appreciate… and most of them are in our own neighborhoods!

4. We are thankful that the new coffee joint in the Richard J. Daley Library brews Starbucks coffee.

5. We are extra thankful for Flirty Cupcakes that’s right around the corner from campus. Yum!

6. We are thankful for our campus looking extra beautiful in the autumn, knowing that it’s a righteous reason to make it to class… right?

7. We are so so thankful for having east campus’ rec center, and watching the sunset fall against the skyline… perfect reason to go to the rec.

8. We are thankful for having a million forms of transportation, even though the ‘L’ can be a pain to ride, it gets us anywhere and everywhere we need to go.

9. We are thankful for our readers, like yourselves! Thank you for your continued support.

10. And we are thankful for each other! Knowing our magazine is the #1 online magazine for collegiette women, yay us! 

Ceida is a third-year student at the University of Illinois at Chicago, studying graphic design with an interest in editorial. She has interned for a fashion photographer, Hesita&Bear (a luxury homeware company) and plans to continue her trek in the visual communications industry. Ceida loves exploring the Windy City, and more importantly: she enjoys showing it off. Her pass times include drinking coffee, thrifting, and listening to old-school Jazz, and photography! She is also a proud member of Phi Sigma Sigma National Sorority.