This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

By Taylor Roby

Over quarantine, I picked up a little hobby of buying and taking care of plants- it’s kind of taken over my life. Not only are plants an easy way to add something to your room, they also give you something to do/care for! However, if you’re iffy about your ability to keep a plant alive, here are six indoor plants for those who don’t necessarily have a green thumb. 

1. Snake Plants 

Not only are these plants cute and minimalistic, they’re one of the easiest plants to care for. They don’t need a ton of water or light so they’re perfect for that empty corner in your room.

2. ZZ Plants 

Much like Snake Plants, ZZ Plants are even easier to take care of. When I say they’re impossible to kill, they’re actually impossible to kill. If you’re watering this plant more than you pay your rent, you’re watering it too much. 

3. Spider Plants 

If you’re looking for a hanging plant, Spider Plants are the way to go. These plants are super adaptable, easy to grow, and great air purifiers! Spider Plants don’t take much effort, I hang mine up, forget about it for awhile, and it’s fine! 

4. Pothos 

Pothos are by far one of my favorite house plants. They’re extremely easy to care for- I only water them about once a week and only need indirect light. These kinds of plants come in a ton of different variations so there’s bound to be one you love! 

5. Succulents 

I really couldn’t make an “easy houseplants” list without mentioning succulents. I’m sure y’all know the drill about these. There’s a million kinds of succulents so it’s all about finding one that you think is cute! 

6. Dracaenas

Last but not least, we have Dracaenas! I feel as if these plants are extremely underrated. You don’t see them on these kinds of lists often, but never fret, they are very easy to take care of. They don’t need to be watered often and can survive in any type of light. 

Her Campus at UH's contributor account.