photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

Samir Nassar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

If there is one person who can make accounting exciting it is Samir Nassar!

Samir is majoring in accounting and plans on graduating in 2018.

Currently he is involved in both the Student Program Board and the Accounting Society.

It comes as no surprise that Samir is the social officer for the accounting society because he gets along with others so well.

“I enjoy putting fun events together for members to get a chance to interact with other members, officers, and professionals,” says Samir.

He gets an opportunity to also share his love for music being a part of the Student Program Board. He sets up different events that bring awesome talent to UH.

“I love every minute of it. I got to hang out with the Filharmonic and put together SPB’s first A Cappella concert, ACOOGpella,” says Samir.

When Samir isn’t organizing concerts at UH he loves to go to all different music venues around town and hang out with friends.

Samir is fortunate to be able to take fun trips to Austin to hang out with his girlfriend.

He does not take his time at UH for granted.

“I’m a proud cougar that loves this university and wants to take to national levels of recognition. I believe that through the impact of our actions during our time here at UH and after we graduate, we will elevate this university to even higher heights and make it better,” says Samir.

When he does have to say goodbye to UH, Samir hopes that it is followed with a career as a CPA, and he might even try to get his MBA in the future.

If you get a chance to meet Samir on campus you won’t regret it!

"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."