Ronald Pabello

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Ronald Pabello is a senior at the University of Houston graduating (early) this semester in computer information systems. He is an ambassador for the College of Technology and is involved with the Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP).

Ronald gives 100 % in everything he does! There is no questioning the passion he has for the organizations he is involved in.

“I love spreading the good word about the College of Technology’s many different degrees to prospective students,” says Ronald.  “Specifically, I love attending college fairs to try and get high schoolers to come to UH whenever they graduate. It brings me joy to see them seriously consider attending our university after speaking with them for only a few minutes! Who doesn’t want to be a COOG nowadays, am I right?”

Being a part of the IT program at UH has really help Ronald grow in to his career, and he hopes to take that experience in to the real world.

“I love how this organization brings students with a passion for IT together where we are able to teach each one another about technical skills that we want to learn,” says Ronald.

We should all take a page from Ronald’s book because he has found the perfect balance between having a high GPA and having a social life.

You can find Ronald with his friends at bars on Washington Ave., road tripping to Austin or College Station, or driving all over H-Town to find some good eats.

P.S. If you are looking for a dance partner Ronald says he knows how to “get down.”

As his time at UH comes to an end he couldn’t be more appreciative of all he has gained these past years.

“Honestly, I would not change my experience here for anything else in the world because of the many academic, leadership, and professional opportunities I got from it,” says Ronald.

We wish him the best of luck and know that he will be a great representation of what UH has to offer!

"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."