Movie Madness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

This year some of the most anticipated sequels and superhero movies are scheduled to hit the big screen. From a fun animated family film to a young adult adaptation.  

On Friday March 4 Disney’s Zootopia takes us on an adventure with a bunny police officer that forms an unlikely alliance with a fox con artist. In this inventive animated world animals can talk and have a functioning society. Disney could be looking at another hilarious hit.

The science fiction thriller 10 Cloverfield Lane has fans of the 2008 monster horror film Cloverfield anxious to see if the movie will measure up. Although is it not a sequel to Cloverfield the producer J.J Abrams is calling it a “Spiritual Successor” to the film. Coming out March 11.

On Friday March 18 the final installment in The Divergent Series, Allegiant brings the film adaptation to a close. The third film will reveal the secret of what is beyond the fence separating Tris’ society from the post-apocalyptic wasteland.

After 14 years, My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 is being released on March 25. Now that Toula and Ian have a daughter of their own she struggles with embracing her Greek heritage.

The highly anticipated Batman VS. Superman: Dawn of Justice is an adaptation of a popular comic book story line that pits two of the most famous superheroes against each other. On March 25, DC is bringing its universe to the big screen after successes on the small screen with television shows.

Movies being released this month:

Friday, March 4

London Has Fallen

Zootopia

The Other Side of the Door

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Friday, March 11

10 Cloverfield Lane

The Brothers Grimsby Spy

The Young Messiah

Wednesday, March 16

Miracles From Heaven Faith

Friday, March 18

The Divergent Series: Allegiant

Friday, March 25

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2

The Disappointments Room

"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."