This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Music is an everyday essential, whether we’re walking to class or running around campus. However, for Kevin Der-Antonian, music has become the foundation of his life and has greatly influenced the person he is today.

Born and raised in France, a country that has produced many legendary composers, Kevin has grown to develop his own opinions on the quality of music—whether it’s classical, country, rap, EDM, rock, and so on. The technical aspect of creating music requires every sense of touch, hearing, and bliss—all of which are traits Kevin has successfully acquired over the years.

While pursuing a double major in supply chain management and management information systems at UH’s Bauer College of Business, Kevin shares his knowledge of music by helping others pay attention to keys and tunes.

At the age of 16, Kevin started his first music business by becoming a private piano and violin teacher.

“I have been playing piano and violin since I was 5 years old,” said Kevin. “I picked up guitar along the way and have played all styles on all instruments.”

Now, he hosts two recitals per year.

Kevin plans on using both of his business degrees to “dive into all business aspects of music from owning [his] own store to performances.”

Kevin is passionate about music, and for good reason.

“Music has always been in my life and will always be in my life simply because music is the only universal language that connects directly from one person’s emotions to another’s,” said Kevin. “Two musicians can totally understand each other without having to speak a word [and] I think that is a beautiful thing.”

Talk about self-driven individuals who aspire to make the most of they already know and love!

Kevin is looking for five more students from the Houston area to join his program. If you’re interested, you can find him on campus wearing his charming smile, or e-mail him at KDerAntonian2000 [at] gmail.com. 

Thutrang, also known as Mimi, is a student at the Conrad N. Hilton College majoring in Hotel and Restaurant Management with an emphasis in Event Management. Ideally, she likes to explore in positive magnitudes whether it consists of social interactions or spiritual guidance. She is an open-minded person who is more than likely to find your sense of taste in music, conspiracies, clothes, dreams, study habits, etc. inspiring. 
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."