This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

In a matter of a few months, this week’s Campus Celebrity, Jordyn Chaffold, was able to establish a student organization dedicated to promoting all forms of self-expression here on campus.

Jordyn is currently a sophomore who is majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. Not only is he the co-founder and president of Uncommon Colors but he also has his own show on Coog Radio, Uncommon Colors Radio, as well as being involved in the Black Student Union.

I decided to start Uncommon Colors because I found that there are so many creative beings in this world who sometimes don’t know how, or just don’t want to showcase their artistic abilities,” says Chaffold. “Uncommon Colors is to show people that our creativity and abilities is what sets us apart from everybody in this day to day realm of college degrees and 9-5’s.”

“People only tend to work in their best interests therefore if you give someone a reason to help you they’ll do it more graciously.”

Coogs, if you aren’t familiar with this face on-campus already, you soon will be! Come out on December   

Thutrang, also known as Mimi, is a student at the Conrad N. Hilton College majoring in Hotel and Restaurant Management with an emphasis in Event Management. Ideally, she likes to explore in positive magnitudes whether it consists of social interactions or spiritual guidance. She is an open-minded person who is more than likely to find your sense of taste in music, conspiracies, clothes, dreams, study habits, etc. inspiring. 
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."