This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Meet Jonas Chin, a remarkable man who works as our director of development. His responsibility overall consists of discovering ways to support research, develop scholarships, and sustain student success.

Jonas attended University of Houston from 2005-2009 where he majored in broadcast journalism. During his undergraduate years, he served as the Honors College VP Senator for Student Government Association (SGA) allowing him to contribute his efforts in recycling, on-campus dining, and parking issues.

He then decided to move to Chicago, Illinois, to complete his master’s degree in public policy and administration at Northwestern University.  But after interning at the Chicago City Hall, he’s come back to work at one of the best institutions Houston has to offer!  

On his free time, he works with a non-profit organization called Project Row Houses where he helps brainstorm ideas to improve abandoned homes in Third Ward for women with children to pursue their educational career. If that isn’t enough, Jonas is also active in the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo School Art and Organization of Chinese Americans (OCA).

“At one point, I would like to be the president of the university,” he says, and quite frankly, I can already see how his character and passion would strive throughout the university.

He knows just about everything University of Houston has achieved as well as fun facts you might not have even heard of. For example, did you know that a UH alumi who goes by the name Jack Valenti created the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and its film rating system?

Yeah… you probably didn’t, but these are the things Jonas brings up in conversation!

It’s great what he knows about the university as well as what he does on a regular basis for our campus.  

Thutrang, also known as Mimi, is a student at the Conrad N. Hilton College majoring in Hotel and Restaurant Management with an emphasis in Event Management. Ideally, she likes to explore in positive magnitudes whether it consists of social interactions or spiritual guidance. She is an open-minded person who is more than likely to find your sense of taste in music, conspiracies, clothes, dreams, study habits, etc. inspiring. 
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."