Jeri Altizer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Jeri Altizer will be able to celebrate finishing finals, graduating, and her 22 birthday all in the same week.

She plans on leaving UH with a bachelor’s in biology and a minor in human nutrition and food studies. As if her workload isn’t full enough she is the active vice president of the Pre-Veterinary Student Association on campus.

“PVSA really encourages people to be more aware about animal medicine and that it is an option for students. We have “advising” where upperclassmen who are applying for vet school will help lower classmen on their grades and experience to figure out what they need to work on through college,” says Altizer.

Jeri Altizer has been able to gain a lot of experience as a veterinary assistant at Park Glen Animal Clinic since November 2014.

All of her hard work has paid off and now she will be headed to Glendale, Arizona to attend Midwestern University School of Veterinary Medicine.

Success didn’t come easy, but with a positive mindset the sky’s the limit for her.

“I found out my junior year that the best thing you can do is to truly believe in yourself and be your own motivator. Do not compare yourself to people! It’s a competitive world, but stay happy and sane by focusing on yourself and your goals. Just acknowledge that you are awesome and can achieve your goals. Give yourself priority in your life!”

"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."