This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

The ins and outs of daily life can make it hard to see the big picture, but Izmail Glosson, this week’s Campus Celebrity, is focused on just that.

A junior at UH, Izmail is majoring in advertising and plans to enter the field after graduation. However, he’s more interested in exploring the world.

“I’d like to spend some time traveling,” he said. “I’d like to see much more of the world and experience different cultures.”

Traveling; a hobby that pairs well with another of his: photography.

“I’ve always been fascinated with the idea of capturing and preserving different moments,” he said. “So, about three years ago, I bought my first professional camera and started taking pictures for people.”

Though his time as a photographer has been relatively short, Izmail worked as The Daily Cougar’s photo editor and has built a business taking photos for others.

“My favorite photo that I’ve taken would have to be one that I’ve titled ‘Proposal,’” he said. “I was able to capture one of my best friends proposing to his then-girlfriend in front of the ‘A Comma, A’ sculpture on campus. It was a magical moment.”

Business is booming, but don’t expect him to become complacent.

“I don’t like the idea of being idle,” he said. “I like to always be doing something, whether it’s traveling, spending time with friends and family, working out or just exploring downtown Houston.”

In photography, and in life, you have to have the right perspective. Izmail is a thoughtful and well-rounded individual with other hobbies that include reading, as well as playing and listening to music.

“I’m a social person,” he said. “So if [your readers] see me around campus, come and say hello!”

BreeAngela Hamilton is a senior studying print journalism and computer graphics technology at the University of Houston. She is the Managing Editor of Her Campus UH. Her favorite pastimes include watching reruns of Law & Order: SVU and listening to music at a high volume while navigating traffic. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @breeelyse_.
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."