I Wish Halloween Lasted All Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Around this time every year, most people get excited for fall weather, Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Hocus Pocus. I am opposite of that because I live in the South, so I have no idea what real fall weather feels like, I hate Pumpkin Spice Lattes and lastly, I didn’t grow up on Disney Channel movies. The main thing that I get excited for is Halloween night.

Halloween has always been my number one favorite holiday followed by Christmas, so the end of the year was always exciting for me. I always loved Halloween because of the scary vibes to it and the history behind it. When I was younger, AstroWorld was always the place to be during Fright Fest all October when the scary characters came up to you and scared you, making you question your every turn. Scary movies and Halloween parties with my family were always so much fun for me.

I, like many other people, love the thrill of being scared. Being put in a scenario where you have to run for your life (not in real life, don’t jinx it!) gives us the adrenaline high that makes it all worth looking like a scaredy cat. When you watch your friends get creeped out or scared, it makes it even more funny. It’s small things like this that make me wish that Halloween lasted all year because it is just so much fun to have a great time with your friends and family. Despite the actual horrible things that have happened on Halloween night, having a safe night out with friends you trust make it all worth it.

Jazmin Washington is currently a Senior at the University of Houston who loves writing as much as she does eating. She is an aspiring cat lady and loves everything New York.
Irina Alejandro is a sophomore at the University of Houston, getting a major in political science and two minors women's studies and international affairs. In her spare time she loves singing loudly in the shower, forcing herself to workout, and talking excessively about politics. She also enjoys long walks on the beach, going to PTA meetings and crying over minor inconveniences. If you want to contact her for a date, leave a comment on one of her articles.