HCUH Spotlight: Iman Balagam

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Iman Balagam is a ball of positive energy and HCUH is so thankful to have her on the team!
Her contribution to HCUH mostly consists of her scrumptious food blogs. Iman knows the way to every college kids heart, good food!
When she isn’t writing for HCUH she is challening her inner “Rory Gilmore” and writing for Cooglife.
To compliment Iman’s major in marketing and minor in finance she has joined Delta Sigma Pi (Professional Business Fraternity). This has helped her sharpen her professional skills and meet so many different people.
In case you thought Iman couldn’t be any more involved, think again! She is also a part of EMERGE USA.
“Thanks to Emerge I’ve definitely learned the importance of being politically active,” said Iman. “Through the program I’ve become a precinct chair for my neighborhood and a voter registrar. We also took a trip to South Africa this summer.”
During the times she gets to chill, shopping, hanging out with friends and family, and exploring Houston is what she enjoys the most.
But wait there’s more! Iman has her own company where she sells adhesive cell phone wallets at feelingclingy.com .
It’s ironic that Iman’s favorite thing about UH is how unique it is becasue her uniqueness is why we love her!

"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."