Go to La Tía Pancha Flea Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

La Tía Pancha Flea Market is one of the largest flea markets in Houston. It is known for its multicultural diverse environment. Once you enter, you feel like you’re in Latin America.

I love it because it reminds me of the “mercados” of my country. The vendors are so welcoming and so nice that you feel at home.

If you’re feeling a little hungry, there’s food everywhere! They have fajitas, menudo, corn in a cup, cotton candy, pupusas, tacos, tortas, fresh squeezed juices, fruit stands, smoothies, ice cream, barbecue and even pancakes. You name it and they have it.

The flea market gives people the chance to start their own businesses by renting spots. You have people selling all sorts of things like crafts, clothes, toys and electronics. If you shop here, you can contribute to small businesses and help these families out.

Kids can ride ponies and ride the carousels and Ferris wheels!

It is a very fun thing to do with your friends over the weekend.

The flea market is only open on Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. -7 p.m. and it gets pretty packed. I suggest you get there as early as possible to find a good parking spot. \

It is located at 8801 Airline Dr, Houston, TX 77037.

Give yourself a chance to explore the rich Latin American culture that we have here in Houston.

Madeline, also known as Maddie is a student at the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. She is majoring in Spanish with a minor in Education. Maddie enjoys reading, wrting, and ballet. Follow her on Instagram: @maddieareyes
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."