This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Gilmore Girls fans universally experienced a Luke-like dark day on May 15, 2007, the date of the show’s abrupt cancellation.

For those who can’t relate to the emotional toll the news took on us devout followers of GG, understand this: Gilmore Girls wasn’t just a TV show, it was a way of life.

Rumors of a Gilmore Girls revival have teased women for the last eight years and despite our hopes being let down time after time, we still prayed to the TV gods to bring Stars Hollow back to us.

Shockingly, they answered those prayers when Netflix made all seven seasons available to stream. But like Lorelai and Rory’s addiction to coffee, we continued to crave more.

And after months of re-watching season after season, the revival rumors returned this fall.

Mothers and daughters everywhere caught all the feels as their social media blew up with stories of Amy Sherman-Palladino possibly bringing our beloved duo back to us.

In fact, if this was a cruel joke the universe was playing on us, we were prepared for shit to hit the fan.

However, on October 21, 2015 it was confirmed that Netflix made a deal with Warner Bros for a limited series revival and it was like the clouds had parted, the sun beamed through, and an angelic “Aaaah” was sung.

The news of Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Kelly Bishop, and Scott Patterson confirming their return made us keel over and die from happiness.

We called our mothers desperately needing to share the news and plan for a new Gilmore Girls watching ritual.

So when the four 90-minute episodes are released on Netflix, don’t be surprised if we disappear for a bit. We promise a Rumba won’t get to us, but we finally have the chance to visit our favorite close-knit town with all of it’s quirky characters and I can guarantee we won’t be in any rush to return to reality.

Rebekah /rɪ'bɛkə/ (noun) 1. Junior at the University of Houston majoring in broadcast journalism, 2. Outdoor enthusiast (as well as all things lumbersexual), 3. Star Wars aficionado, 4. Hot mess of a 21-year-old whose interests include all things that contradict one another, 5. Coffee fanatic. Stay weird with her on Twitter/Instagram: @RebekahCeleste
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."