Eyebrows: 0-100 Real Quick!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Before & After

Step 1:

First, you want to comb your brows so they are all nice and smooth and ready for application! Brush them upwards and out. Here I am using Anastasia’s Brow Wiz duo pencil/comb.

Step 2:

Next, take the pencil part of Anastasia’s Brow Wiz and outline the top and bottom part of your brows. Make sure you follow the edges of your eyebrows to achieve a more natural look. Here I am using the color Blonde. If you do not have Anastasia’s Brow Wiz, your brand of preference of an eyebrow pencil will work just fine!

Step 3:

Using a small flat angled brush, take Anastasia’s Dip Brow Pomade and fill in the lines. Avoid filling in the area of where your eyebrows begin. For the pomade, make sure you use this product lightly as it can come off harsh if too much is used. It’s easier to use a little bit and add more each time instead of using a bunch of product and messing up!

Step 4:

Then take your brush and align it with the corners of your nose. This will help mark the placement of where your eyebrows should begin. Using what is left on your brow brush (should be barelyyy any), lightly mark where your brow begins.  Without adding more product, lightly brush what is left on your brush downwards and upwards to blend in the outline you previously made.

Step 5:

To set your brows, I use Maybelline’s Brow Drama Pro Palette in Blonde. Even the right shade of eyeshadow will suffice. Take the same angled brush you used previously, coat with the powder and apply directly over the product on your brows. Be sure to not place the powder at the beginning of your brows; this will create too harsh and unnatural eyebrows. I like to set my brows with the same color powder for a more natural and long lasting look.

Step 6:

Using the same powder palette, take the lighter shade and blend at the beginning of your brows. This will create an ombre/faded affect. Slowly blend the product into the rest of your brows. Not much of this light powder is needed! A little goes a long way.

Step 7:

To finish off your eyebrows, take a small brush and barely dip into some concealer. Outline your eyebrow shape in concealer to smooth out the lines you created thus shaping them a little bit more. BARELY any concealer should be use. This step is sometimes not needed as some days I create my eyebrows perfectly and other days they need to be shaped up a bit more so both the left and right eyebrow are even.

And voila! That’s how you get your brows to go from 0 – 100!

I recently graduated from University of Houston with a degree in Teaching and Learning specialized in teaching mathematics in grades 4th-8th! Although teaching is my calling, I am also an aspiring make-up artist hoping to give tips and tricks on how to feel and look your best! In my free time I like to binge watch Netflix and waste my days watching make-up tutorials on YouTube. ♥ Follow me on Instagram: @AndreaSenior
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."