Easiest Way Ever to Contour and Highlight!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Before:

After: 

Step 1:
After you apply foundation, take Maybelline’s Instant Dark Circle Eraser Brightener and apply it under your eyes in a downward triangle shape as well as on your forehead, down your nose, on your Cupid’s bow and chin. 
Then, take a damp beauty blender and blend it all in. 

Step 2:
Use a makeup brush and align it to the top of your ear, this will help guide you on where you need to contour. 

Take Maybelline’s Master Conceal in the shade Medium and apply it along your cheeks aligned with the top of your ear, on your jaw line, around your forehead, below your bottom lip, and a little bit on the edges of your nose. 

Then, take your damp beauty blender and blend upwards in your hairline. 

Step 3:
For your highlight, take Laura Mercier’s Secret Highlighting powder and use a DRY beauty blender to pat onto your skin, not blend. Place product directly under your eyes, the middle of your forehead, right above your jawline and on your chin. 
Step 4:
To add a little glow, use Carli Bybel’s Highlighting Palette above your cheekbones, on your Cupid’s bow and below the arch on your brows.

And voila! That’s how you contour and highlight for an everyday look!

I recently graduated from University of Houston with a degree in Teaching and Learning specialized in teaching mathematics in grades 4th-8th! Although teaching is my calling, I am also an aspiring make-up artist hoping to give tips and tricks on how to feel and look your best! In my free time I like to binge watch Netflix and waste my days watching make-up tutorials on YouTube. ♥ Follow me on Instagram: @AndreaSenior
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."