This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Football season will be here before we know it, and it never hurts to have someone who can give you the inside scoop on how our team is looking for 2016, and that is where Dillon Parker comes into play.

Parker is one of the student managers for the Houston Cougars football team and has been a huge asset. He is currently a junior majoring in sports administration with a minor in interpersonal communication.

Parker’s passion for football equipment, logistics, operations, and coaching fall perfectly in line with his current job and major.

As a student manager, Parker understands the struggle of juggling school work and being involved on the football team which makes him  well suited for the job.

“In any way possible [I want] to help others succeed at whatever they want to do,” said Parker.

After football season dies down he occupies his time fishing, watching movies, and working out.

It seems like Parker has achieved the perfect balance of doing everything he loves.

It is inspiring how driven he is to reach his goals in life at such a fast pace.

“[I want] to work for a NFL organization in the scouting department within the next two years and [then] become a NFL general manager within the next 15 years,” Parker said.

At this rate it won’t take too long before we see Parker working for the NFL.

“Simply strive to be great at anything you desire to do. Make the most of your opportunities given in life. Everyday you’re faced with adversity, never let that stop you from getting to where you envision yourself. Always believe in your goals because your plan is infallible and the only thing that can mess up your plan is people, so always surround yourself with positive individuals, and set your heart towards your goals. Then nothing will be able stop you,” said Parker.

He is motivating on and off the field. 

Thutrang, also known as Mimi, is a student at the Conrad N. Hilton College majoring in Hotel and Restaurant Management with an emphasis in Event Management. Ideally, she likes to explore in positive magnitudes whether it consists of social interactions or spiritual guidance. She is an open-minded person who is more than likely to find your sense of taste in music, conspiracies, clothes, dreams, study habits, etc. inspiring. 
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."